Linx..2Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
The object of these teasers is to figure out a commonly used phrase of two (or more) words. The phrase has omitted from it any letters that the two have in common with each other. The number of missing letters from each appear next to the word. (In this group, there is one where the ENTIRE WORD has been omitted). A hint has been included to round it out.
DOY(2) BA(1) + "Leftovers to go"= DOGGY BAG
Got it? Good! Now try these:
1. CAL(4) NTT(5) GOU(2) + "Together for specific action" =
2. CURR(3) VS(4) + "Timely Topics" =
3. BKT(3) C(3) + "Worn out terribly" =
4. TRMA(4) SS(5) + "Recovery=Mission Impossible" =
5. PR(5) [Entire Word Omitted](5) + "Is.Now." =
AnswerThe phrases are:
1. SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
2. CURRENT EVENTS
3. BASKET CASE
4. TERMINAL ILLNESS
5. PRESENT TENSE
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top