Cake-Bake ContestLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
For this logic puzzle you have to determine the surnames of four people, their position in a cake-bake competition and what cake they baked.
The first names are: James, Ben, Vicky and Nigel
The surnames are: Jones, Stevens, Andrews and Best
Positions are: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th
Cakes baked are: chocolate cake, cheese cake, fruit cake and sponge cake.
1. James Best beat Vicky by two places.
2. Ben's fruit cake beat Mrs. Stevens' son, who came in 3rd.
3. The sponge cake, despite being a bit bland, got in the top three.
4. The judges obviously had a sweet tooth, as the chocolate cake came in 2nd place.
5. Jones's mother cried as she watched her son take 1st prize.
What are the full names of the top four, what position did they come and what cake did they bake?
AnswerBen Jones came in 1st with his fruit cake.
James Best came in 2nd with his chocolate cake.
Nigel Stevens came in 3rd with his sponge cake.
Vicky Andrews came in 4th with her cheese cake.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top