Waterloo StreetLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
On Waterloo Street, there are five neighbours: the Chaes, the D'Costas, the Lams, the Mazumdars and the O'Neils. All neighbours live either adjacent to, or directly across the street from one another. Two of their houses are white, one is grey, one is green and one is blue.
From the clues below, determine which side of the street each neighbour lives (north or south) and the colour of their house.
1. The two white houses are directly across from one another on the west end of the street.
2. The Chaes do not live adjacent to either of the white houses.
3. The D'Costas live on the same side of the street that the Chaes live.
4. The blue house is immediately east of the D'Costa house, on the same side of the street.
5. The Lams house is not grey or white, and is next door to the O'Neils (which is on the south side of the street).
6. The Mazumdar house is directly across the street from the Lams.
AnswerFrom 1, a white house is on either side of the west end of the street. Since from 2, the Chaes cannot live next to the white houses, it on the east end of the street (north or south, unknown).
From 3, the D'Costas are in a white house or in the middle between one of the white houses and the Chaes. (Assuming of course that there is a maximum of 3 on either side of the street). From 4, the blue house therefore is either the in between house (if the D'Costa's are in the white house) or the Chae house.
Since from 5, the Lam and the O'Neil houses are on the south side, the Chaes, D'Costas and Mazumdars(from 6) are on the north side. That would make The O'Neils be owners of the white house on the south side, and the Lams the owners of the house beside it. That would make the Mazumdars live in the center house (therefore blue on the north side) and the D'Costas live in the white house. Since the Lams do not have a grey house, the Chaes do. This leaves the Lams with the green house.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top