Reversed RebusesLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
We've all seen a rebus like "midstuckdle" (stuck in the middle). The following clues are "revrebuseserse" (rebuses in reverse). That is, the clues below are answers to rebuses which all use the "in" construction.
However, the original rebus from the clues below will actually form a word. For example, "Not old in actually existing" would be "renewal" (new in real). Can you solve the rest?
1. A set of three in a gentle, affectionate gesture
2. Something used in clothes-making in beer
3. A repeated muscular contraction in arriving after the expected time
4. Help in male homo sapiens.
5. A mountain summit in the production of vocal melodies
6. Not on in a water-dwelling animal
Answer1. Patriot (trio in pat)
2. Alpine (pin in ale)
3. Lattice (tic in late)
4. Maiden (aid in men)
5. Speaking (peak in sing)
6. Finish (in in fish)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top