Happy New ****Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, I will give you a list of clues and the answer, with all the letters, but the word year, missing. Your job is to figure out what to add to the word year to get the answer to the clue.
Example: Reading Glasses = *Y**EAR
1. Word for word, without reading = *Y *EAR*
2. New York Birthplace of F.D.R. = *Y*E *AR*
3. Caveat Emptor = **YE* ***AR*
4. Person engaged in reverie = **Y**EA**R
5. Student at Harvard or Yale, e.g. = **Y *EA***R
6. Seafood restaurant = *Y**E* *AR
7. Old sage who doesn't shave = ***Y*EAR*
8. Extra-powerful, souped up = *Y*E***AR***
9. Absolutely transparent = **Y**** **EAR
10. Place to drop off clothes = **Y **EA**R
11. Jellystone resident = Y*** *EAR
12. Headache remedy since 1899 = **YE* A***R**
HintIf it will help, the first missing letter of each is as follows.
Answer1. BY HEART
2. HYDE PARK
3. BUYER BEWARE
5. IVY LEAGUER
6. OYSTER BAR
7. GREYBEARD or GRAYBEARD
9. CRYSTAL CLEAR
10. DRY CLEANER
11. YOGI BEAR
12. BAYER ASPIRIN
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top