Sibling RivalriesLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Anyone who has even one brother or sister knows that sibling rivalries permeate into every aspect of life. Well the Humdingers are no different. Four boys (Jason, Matt, Tom and David) and one girl (Sarah--don't you feel for her!) are as different as children get. The one thing that they have in common is their love of sports and food (sounds familiar to this author, mmm food). Each child who is either in 3rd, 5th, 6th 8th or 12th grade plays on their school's team in their favorite sport (Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Football or Hockey). After they finish playing, they each go home and watch their favorite baseball team (buying 5 TVs was the best move Mrs. Humdinger ever made) while enjoying their favorite stadium food (hot dogs, pretzels, nachos w/o meat, ice cream or chicken fingers) to get them in the mood. Your job is to match each child with the grade, sport they play, favorite team and favorite food. ENJOY!
1. Jason's younger brother (not Tom) loves to play hockey.
2. Sarah has two younger brothers neither of whom golf or eat pretzels.
3. Tom's favorite baseball team moved from Brooklyn to LA.
4. Whoever plays tennis loves to watch the Orioles.
5. Matt is in 5th grade.
6. The Cardinals fan eats neither ice cream nor hot dogs, but does play hockey.
7. The Orioles fan is a vegetarian.
8. Whoever is in 6th grade plays soccer and eats hot dogs.
9. The Yankees fan likes to watch his favorite team while eating Ben & Jerry's.
10. The football player likes chicken.
11. Jason idolizes Fred Couples so is obviously into golf.
12. David, who does not eat meat, has a younger sibling who is a Met fan.
AnswerJason: 8th, golf, Yankees, ice cream
Matt: 5th, hockey, Cardinals, nachos
Sarah: 6th, soccer, Mets, hot dogs
Tom: 3rd, football, Dodgers, Chicken fingers
David: 12th, tennis, Orioles, Pretzels
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top