Party PreparationsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Billy's birthday was last Saturday. It was filled with fun, games, and attractions. Five guests were so anxious to get to the party that they were up at 6:30 a.m. Their parents took advantage of this situation. Each child had to do a different chore and his or her homework before attending the party. Consequently, each child arrived at a different time. From the information provided, determine the chore and homework each child had to do as well as what time he or she arrived.
1. Simone got to the party at 1:00 p.m. The guest who took out the trash didn't arrive until after 2:00 p.m.
2. Jorge (who didn't have English homework) had to weed his mother's flower beds before going to the party.
3. The guest who had to do science homework arrived at some point after Jorge.
4. The guest charged with bathing the dog (who isn't Mina) isn't the child who did reading homework. Patrick didn't have English homework.
5. One girl made it to the party at 1:40 p.m. after completing her math homework.
6. The boy who had to wash clothes isn't the guest who arrived at 2:05 p.m. (who had to do English homework).
AnswerJorge, weed flower beds, reading 2:15 p.m.
Mina, clean playroom, math, 1:40 p.m.
Patrick, wash clothes, science, 2:30 p.m.
Simone, bathe dog, social studies, 1:00 p.m.
Walter, take out trash, English, 2:05 p.m.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top