Sam's Recycling SaleLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Sam takes an active interest in the environment and sells many environmentally friendly products at his variety store. Although the items are fairly popular, he wanted to heighten the awareness of his customers, so he held a special Recycling Event Sale. During the sale, Sam gave door prizes to five lucky customers (three of whom - Carl, George and Ian are men, and two of whom - Agnes and Ellen are women), each of whom purchased a different product. From the info provided, can you determine the first and last names of each winner, the item purchased, and the prize each received (each received a different prize)?
1. The five winners were Agnes, the one surnamed Meyers, the one who bought the natural fertilizer, the one who won the gardening gloves, and the one who won the pruning shears.
2. Ms. Steele is not the woman who purchased the compost turner.
3. Three men are Mr. Kraft, Ian, and the man who won the citronella candles.
4. The five winners were George, the one who won the cellulose sandwich bags, the one surnamed Quick, the one who bought the mesh shopping bags, and Mr. Kraft.
5. Either Ellen or the man who won the Mason jars is the one who bought the natural fertilizer.
6. The one who bought the newspaper bundler and the one who won the pruning shears are either, both men or both women.
7. The man who bought the recycling bin is not Mr. Oakley.
AnswerAgnes Steele, newspaper bundler, cellulose sandwich bags
Carl Kraft, natural fertilizer, Mason jars
Ellen Quick, compost turner, pruning shears
George Meyers, recycling bin, citronella candles
Ian Oakley, mesh shopping bags, gardening gloves
Mr. Kraft isn't Ian - clue 3, or George - clue 5, so he's Carl - the only man left. The Candles man - clue 3, isn't Ian or Carl Kraft - clue 3; so he's George. Agnes isn't gloves, shears - clue 1, or jars - clue 5(man), she's sandwich bags. Agnes isn't Meyers - clue 1, Quick - clue 4 or Mr. Oakley - clue 7, so she is Steele. Agnes isn't fertilizer - clue 1, compost turner - clue 2, shopping bags - clue 4, or recycling bin - clue 7, so she's newspaper bundler. Ellen is the compost turner - clue 2 says it's a woman, and shears - clue 6, since turner is a woman compost is also a woman. Ellen isn't Meyers - clue 1 or Mr. Oakley - clue 7, so she's Quick. The one who bought mason jars bought the fertilizer - clue 5. Shopping bags isn't George or Carl Kraft - clue 4, so he's Ian. George's candles, see above, isn't fertilizer or jars, so Carl is fertilizer. By elimination, George is recycling bin. George isn't Oakley - clue 7, by elimination Ian is and George is Meyers. By elimination Ian won the gloves.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top