Reid's Auto RepairLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Help the secretary at Reid's Auto Repair Shop figure out what person dropped what car and color off, what the car problem is and what time they dropped it for repair. All cars were picked up at 5:30.
Clients - Chuck, Laura, Tom, Vicki, Hilary
Cars - Honda, Toyota, Lexus, VW buggy, Chevrolet
Colors - Red, Blue, Black, Purple, L. Green
Times - 11:30, 12:00, 1:45, 4:30, 5:15
Problems - Diagnostic, Transmission, Oil change, tune up, wheel alignment
1. No owner has a car that begins with the same letter as their name.
2. Chuck is a 16 yr. old goth. Loves the color black.
3. Tom has a high paying job and drives an expensive car.
4. Hilary loves purple and is claustrophobic.
5. Chuck has a Toyota.
6. All of Vicki's accessories including car are red.
7. Chuck had a 10 min. lunch at 11: 10 was back at school 11:55 after running a few errands.
8. Tom loves primary colors.
9. Tom noticed a change in his car and took it to get it looked at.
10. Vicki is a wedding and party planner and has high mileage on her car and couldn't get to the shop until 4:30.
11. Diagnosing a car to see what's wrong takes 20 min. or less.
12. Laura doesn't have a car at 12:00.
13. Hilary gets off work at 1:00.
14. Oil changes need at least 1 hr.
15. A transmission job takes the longest.
16. Laura is always messing up her tires.
HintThe primary colors are red, yellow and blue
You get an oil change after a certain amount of miles.
AnswerTom/Lexus/ Blue/ Diagnostic/ 5:15
Chuck/Toyota/Black/ Transmission/ 11:30
Vicki/ Honda/ Red/ oil change/ 4:30
Laura/ VW buggy/ L. green / wheel alignment / 12:00
Hilary/Chevrolet/ Purple/ Tune Up/ 1:45
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top