Ballroom DancingLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Once a year, a ballroom dancing extravaganza at the local country club is the social event of the season. Each of five distinguished pairs stole the spotlight in a different dance, earning them not only the admiration of all those present but also a romantic dinner for two at the club on an evening of their choice. From the information provided, determine the husband and wife who comprise each couple and their shared surname, as well as the type of dance in which each couple excelled.
Husbands: Andrew, Bradley, Logan, Nathan, Stewart
Wives: Audrey, Lorraine, Margaret, Phyllis, Vanessa
Surname: Kavanaugh, Levy, Moylan, Northrop, Powell
Dance: Fox Trot, Jitterbug, Mambo, Tango, Waltz
1. Bradley (who didn't do the jitterbug) isn't Mr. Northrop.
2. Phyllis's surname is Moylan
3. Neither Margaret (who isn't Ms. Northrop) nor Audrey is either the woman who danced the jitterbug with Mr. Levy (who isn't Nathan) or the one who danced the tango with her companion.
4. Stewart (who isn't surnamed Levy) isn't the man who danced the fox trot and Vanessa wasn't his partner.
5. Neither Audrey nor the woman who danced a stunning waltz is married to Mr. Powell (who isn't Bradley).
6. Lorraine didn't dance the tango.
7. Audrey isn't Ms. Northrop and Margaret isn't the woman who danced the mambo with her husband.
8. Andrew's last name is Kavanaugh.
HintThe statement "Neither Audrey nor the woman who danced a stunning waltz is married to Mr. Powell..." means more than just that.
AnswerAndrew & Audrey Kavanaugh; mambo
Bradley & Phyllis Moylan; tango
Logan & Vanessa Levy; jitterbug
Nathan & Margaret Powell; fox trot
Stewart & Lorraine Northrop; waltz
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top