WildcatsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five members of the Wildcats baseball team are listed below, complete with their batting averages and current number of stolen bases. Below are some hints to help you figure out who plays which positions and their stats.
1) The catcher, not Billsly or Lewis, has fewer stolen bases than the player batting .309.
2) Lewis's batting average is .020 higher than the shortstop's.
3) The player batting .240 has the most stolen bases.
4) Atkins has fewer stolen bases than Johnston, but neither has three.
5) The center fielder leads in one statistic and is second in the other.
6) Lewis, who hits higher than Billsly and Downey, has stolen seven bases so far this year.
7) Downey, the pitcher, is last in one statistic and next to last in the other.
Answer1) Atkins was catcher, averaged .279, and stole 2 bases.
2) Billsly was at shortstop, averaged .240, and stole 9 bases.
3) Downey was pitcher, averaged .198, and stole 3 bases.
4) Johnston was in center field, averaged .309, and stole 8 bases.
5) Lewis was at second base, averaged .260, and stole 7 bases.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top