Anagram Guru 2Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Two numbers are given in each sentence that need to be replaced by words. Each word is an anagram of the other, except that one word contains an additional letter that the other word lacks. When this additional letter is removed, each word can be made by using the letters of the other word in each sentence. Based on the clues given in each sentence, do your best to figure out what the two words are. The numbers given in each sentence indicate the number of letters in each word. Some of the words may be formed without rearranging the letters, and the only difference between the words in this case is the one letter that has been added to one of the words. Take your time on these puzzles, as they are pretty tough.
1) The (6) lunatic (5) the entire town to the ground.
2) He could remember what the castle's (5) looked like years later from (4).
3) If they do not serve (4) in this restaurant, we will (5).
4) (6) a quarter in the game or it will remain (5).
5) He was so shy that he remained (5) the whole time he was at the party. He was afraid of looking like a (4).
6) The (5) scene is known as the (6).
7) I'm surprised that you found the (5) to be (6). I've always liked the striped animal.
8) The possibility of acquiring the company drew the industry (7) to the meeting like a (6).
9) The soldier began to (5) liquor before every battle, and unless he had some, he became (6) and unable to fight.
10) The children laughed when the teacher promised a (4) to the student who scored the highest on the (5) test.
Answer1) Crazed, Razed
2) Tower, Rote
3) Veal, Leave
4) Insert, Inert
5) Aloof, Fool
6) Final, Finale
7) Zebra, Brazen
8) Magnate, Magnet
9) Crave, Craven
10) Dime, Timed
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top