The Two Go Together - ILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Each of the sentences below use two words which are synonyms of each other, but here in these sentences, they are not used with the same meaning. Can you find the words ?
1. You cannot ______ to imagine what a _____ you gave me.
2. Service is my ______ name, you will always find me in the community _______.
3. The cook used the largest ______ to make a stew for the full compliment of the _____.
4. They agreed to meet outside the _____ of justice for their _____.
5. I know you will _____ me for this purchase, I cannot _____ you.
6. The ______ of bids for the ______ of Eros was unparalleled.
Answer1. You cannot BEGIN to imagine what a START you gave me.
2. Service is my MIDDLE name, you will always find me in the community CENTER.
3. The cook used the largest VESSEL to make a stew for the full compliment of the SHIP.
4. They agreed to meet outside the COURT of justice for their DATE.
5. I know you will CHARGE me for this purchase, I cannot BLAME you.
6. The NUMBER of bids for the FIGURE of Eros was unparalleled.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top