All Manner of TreesLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Four friends decided to plant a new tree in their yard to celebrate Labor Day. The new trees would each be put in a different area of their yards. As it happened each friend bought a different kind of tree and planted the new tree on a different day of the week. From the clues below, determine the full names of each friend, what kind of tree each bought, where in the yard it was planted, and on what day of the week each tree was planted.
Names: Rebbecca, Sally, Tracy, and Wanda
Last Name: Best, Dart, Frost, and Grand
Trees: ash tree, cherry tree, maple tree, and spruce tree
Location: garden, patio, back yard, and front yard
Days of the Week: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
1. Wanda, whose last name wasn't Frost, didn't plant her spruce tree by the patio.
2. Tracy planted her tree before Mrs. Dart but after the woman who planted the ash tree.
3. Mrs. Best, whose first name wasn't Sally, planted her tree in the front yard, but not on Friday.
4. Rebbecca didn't plant her tree on Monday.
5. Mrs. Grand planted her tree before the woman who planted her tree in the back yard. Rebbecca didn't plant the cherry tree.
6. The trees were planted, in chronological order, as follows: Mrs. Frost, in the garden, Wanda, the maple tree.
AnswerRebbecca Dart: maple tree, backyard, Friday
Sally Frost: ash tree, patio, Monday
Tracy Grand: cherry tree, garden, Wednesday
Wanda Best: spruce tree, front yard, Thursday
© Shelly Hazard: www.puzzlersparadise.com
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top