What's For Lunch?Logic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
One week last summer, Richard's 5 kids went to camp. On each weekday, Richard had lunch with a different one of his children in the camp cafeteria. Except for the twins, who are both in the same grade, each of the children will begin a different grade in the fall. Each day of the week, a different main dish and different dessert was served. Can you figure out who Richard ate with on what day and what he had for lunch?
1) Richard and his only sixth-grade child (who isn't Basil) enjoyed the BBQ beef on Wednesday. The day Richard ate lunch with Basil wasn't the day chili was served.
2) Monday's dessert was brownies. Friday's was apple pie.
3) Lasagna was served on the day Richard joined his daughter Lily for lunch.
4) Thursday wasn't the day on which Richard and one of the twins had fried chicken followed by chocolate pudding.
5) Richard ate lunch with Darlene more than one day before he ate lunch with Amber (who is about to begin second grade, but isn't a twin).
6) Foster (who isn't the one with whom Richard had peach cobbler for dessert) is entering a higher grade than the child whom Richard ate pizza but a lower grade than at least one other child.
7) Richard didn't eat lasagna with either of the twins, nor did he eat lunch with the twins on consecutive days.
HintThe twins are in fourth grade.
Basil-Tuesday-fried chicken-chocolate pudding-4th
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top