College RoommateLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five college seniors---John, Oscar, Earl, Ernie, and Marvin---rent an off-campus house. Each one is majoring in a different subjet---psychology, chemistry, biology, math, or physics. They are attending college on sports scholarships in five sports: football, baseball, track, tennis, and swimming. And each is taking a different foreign language: French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Russian. From the clues given, try to determine the language, the sport, and the major of each of the five students.
1. The biology major, the swimmer, the student taking Italian, and Marvin have never missed any of Ernie's home football games.
2. Neither Oscar nor Earl is the one who takes Spanish or the one who is a physics major, but one of them is a baseball player.
3. Marvin and the track star had lunch with the math major and later met Oscar after his German class.
4. The baseball Player, the math major, and Oscar all have rooms on the top floor, whereas John and the physics major have rooms on the ground floor.
5. The psychology major is taking German.
6. The biology major is not the track star and does not take Russian.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top