Anagram 6 - 5 - 4Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Each of the following sentences has three missing words. The first missing word of each sentence is 6 letters long, the second missing word is 5 letters long, and the third missing word is 4 letters long. All the 6 letter words are anagrams of each other, as are all the 5 letter words, and all the 4 letter words. Can you fill in the blanks?
1) Nobody would ______ to the old pirate any more, because his _____ were far too ____.
2) The fans were ______ as the opposition managed to _____ the game from the home ____.
3) When he decided to ______, he did not expect _____ bread with his ____ every meal.
4) On many of the lake's ______ in the Spring, _____ will be out looking for a ____.
Answer1) Nobody would LISTEN to the old pirate any more, because his TALES were far too TAME.
2) The fans were SILENT as the opposition managed to STEAL the game from the home TEAM.
3) When he decided to ENLIST, he did not expect STALE bread with his MEAT every meal.
4) On many of the lake's INLETS in the Spring, TEALS will be out looking for a MATE.
6 Letters: LISTEN, SILENT, ENLIST, INLETS.
5 Letters: TALES, STEAL, STALE, TEALS.
4 Letters: TAME, TEAM, MEAT, MATE.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top