Winning ColorsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
This is the season for the Triple Crown races, the highlight of the year for everyone interested in horse racing, both fans and sportsmen alike. The three races - the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont - have only been won by the same horse nine times in over 100 years of events. For this year's race, there were four popular horses signed up to run in the Kentucky Derby. While all four of them placed in the top four winners, none of them placed in the same position as their starting post position (the gate number where each horse started the race from). Determine the name of each racehorse, their starting post positions, the winning placement of each horse, and the stable colors of each racehorse.
Horses: Galloping Grocer, Alec's Pride, OneForTheMoney, EatMyDust
Post Positions: 2, 5, 6, 7
Placed: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Stable Colors: Green and Black, Hot Pink, Blue and White, Purple and White
1. Galloping Grocer didn't have hot pink stable colors. The fourth place horse didn't have the post position 2.
2. The second place horse had a higher numbered post position than OneForTheMoney, but a lower post position than the Galloping Grocer.
3. Eat My Dust had a post position one higher than the horse with blue & white stable colors.
4. The purple and white stable colors belonged to the horse who won third place.
5. The horse with post position 7 won the race. Alec's Pride had the green & black stable colors.
6. The horse at post position 5 was not OneForTheMoney.
HintGalloping Grocer did not win. In fact he was last.
AnswerGalloping Grocer-6-4th-Blue and White
Alec's Pride-5-2nd-Green and Black
OneForTheMoney-2-3rd-Purple and White
Eat My Dust-7-1st-Hot Pink
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top