Big Bill's Balloon BarnLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Bill, of Big Bill's Balloon Barn, is having a bad week. Not only did a multi-symptom flu bug blow through the office, but a computer bug as well. Here it is Friday morning, and he's having to make out the payroll without the use of his computer. This, of course, is harder since all five of his employees missed some work this week. Can you use the clues to figure out each employee's name, symptom, what day they left early, when they left, and then their total hours for the week?
Names: Jerry Jones, Vanessa Williams, Jessica James, Robert Marley, Jenny Number
Symptoms: Earache, Dizziness, Headache, Sneezing, Nausea
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Times Left: 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm
Hours: 13, 14, 35, 36, 39
Full Time = 40 hrs/wk, Part Time=16hrs/wk.
1) The five employees are: "Sneezy", Bob, the woman who had 39 hours, the man who earned $210.00, and the employee who goes by J.J.
2) The two part time employees are students at the local college. One has classes on Tuesday and Thursday; the other has classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Bill likes seeing his employee's educating themselves, so he pays all his employees the same $6.00 per hour whether they are full time or part time.
3) Jessica's glad that no one at work knows about the annoying Cher song her mom named her after. That would have made her headache much worse! "Just further proof that Mondays are evil."
4) Vanessa doesn't think she's as cute as the beauty queen who shares her name, but she could only handle being called a dwarf until 1pm. Of course, when the others finally caught the bug, they didn't think their symptoms were funny either.
5) Jessica and Robert both spend Wednesday morning studying in the library. Vanessa left early 3 days before Jessica had to.
6) Marley got nauseous, so he didn't last as long as Jenny, but he did manage to hold out one hour longer than his study buddy.
7) Thursday's dizzy victim, who left at noon, thinks his name is ironic, since he never liked Troy Aikman, or his team.
HintBill is making out checks on Friday MORNING...which means that the PAYROLL week runs Friday through Thursday...not Monday through Friday.
AnswerJerry was dizzy on Thursday; he left at 12 pm, giving him 35 hours for the week.
Vanessa was "Sneezy" on Friday; she left at 1 pm, giving her 36 hours for the week.
Jessica had a headache on Monday; she left at 2 pm, giving her 13 hours for the week.
Robert was nauseated on Tuesday; he left at 3 pm, giving him 14 hours for the week.
Jenny had an earache on Wednesday; she left at 4 pm, giving her 39 hours for the week.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top