The Name Seems Two FamiliarThese brain teasers rely on your ability to recognize groups of common attributes. For each of these puzzles you'll need to figure out why the words or letters are grouped as they are. Sometimes you will be asked to pick the odd-one-out or to place a new word into the correct group.
For each of the groups of actors below, can you identify the movie / TV character they have in common? For instance, given
Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan
The answer would be "James Bond".
1. Sandra Dee, Deborah Walley, Cindy Carol, Karen Valentine, Sally Field, Caryn Richman
2. Alan Napier, Michael Gough, Michael Caine
3. William Devane, Ossie Davis, William Jordan
4. Boris Karloff, Peter Boyle, Robert deNiro
HintEach group is listed in the order in which they played the character.
Answer1. Gidget (Frances Lawrence) -- Sandra Dee (Gidget, 1959), Deborah Walley(Gidget Goes Hawaiian, 1961), Cindy Carol (Gidget Goes to Rome, 1963), Karen Valentine (Gidget Grows Up, 1969), Sally Field (Gidget, TV, 1965-66), Caryn Richman (Gidget's Summer Reunion, 1985; The New Gidget, TV-1986-88)
2. Alfred Pennyworth (Bruce Wayne's butler) -- Alan Napier (Batman, TV-1966-68), Michael Gough (Batman 1989; Batman Returns, 1992; Batman Forever, 1995; Batman & Robin, 1997), Michael Caine (Batman Begins, 2005)
3. John F. Kennedy -- William Devane (Missiles of October, 1974), Ossie Davis (Bubba Ho-Tep, 2002), William Jordan (King, 1978 miniseries).
4. Frankenstein's monster ("the Creature") -- Boris Karloff (Frankenstein, 1931), Peter Boyle (Young Frankenstein, 1974), Robert deNiro (Frankenstein, 1994)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top