The Vowel-less Knights #4Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
And now for more mystery quotes in the style of the Vowel-less knights...
1. dn't knw wh m grndfthr ws; m mch mr cncrnd t knw wht hs grndsn wll b.
2. t's rnng cts nd dgs t thr!
3. 'll gt thrgh, cm hll r hgh wtr.
Hint1. Spoken by an American President.
Bonus point: Who?
2. A popular saying dating from the Middle Ages in Western Europe.
Bonus point: Why does this saying use these animals for comparison?
3. An expression from the early 1900's.
Bonus points: What group is thought to have originated this saying, and what were they doing?
Answer1. I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
Bonus: Abraham Lincoln
2. It's raining cats and dogs out there!
Bonus: Because a very heavy rain on an uninsulated roof sounds like heavy objects are hitting it.
3. I'll get through, come hell or high water.
Bonus: Cattle ranchers, driving herds to market.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top