Animal HabitatsLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
Alison, Chad, Ivelisse, Jaimie, Nick, Tony, and Vicky are all illustrating animals and their habitats for their wildlife project. Each person signed up with Mrs. Fisher to be sure that no one else was using the same animal.
Use the data and the clues below, and your knowledge of animals to find out who painted each picture.
antelope: grassy plains
hippopotamus: swampy forests
orangutan: trees in forests
polar bear: arctic ice and land
1. Tony and Vicky checked several books to learn about the grassy habitats for their animals.
2. Alison, Ivelisse, and Jaimie all noticed that their animals like trees. Jaimie commented that hers was the only animal that was a member of the ape family.
3. Nick's animal survives in extremely cold climates, and Chad's animal can tolerate extreme heat as well as cooler temperatures.
4. Ivelisse said her animal was one of the heaviest, sometimes weighing up to 9,000 pounds. Her picture shows the huge animal in water.
5. Vicky had fun drawing the striped pattern on her animal.
HintMake a chart to eliminate the impossibilities.
AnswerAlison illustrated an ocelot.
Chad illustrated a camel.
Ivelisse illustrated a hippopotamus.
Jaimie illustrated an orangutan.
Nick illustrated a polar bear.
Tony illustrated an antelope.
Vicky illustrated a zebra.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top