Let's PaintLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
"This house needs a face lift," Tess Ross pronounced, and her family (two men, Mitch and Shane, and two women Lana and Penelope) thought the same. A quick paint job on five different rooms was all that was really needed, and the five Rosses eagerly set to work. A different white paint (one was Atrium White) was selected for each room, each of which required a different number of gallons of paint. Each family member painted a room. When, at the end of a weekend of painting, Tess's son announced "Well, Mom, you were right. We were done in no time," her two daughters and her husband quickly agreed. The family then settled in for an enjoyable evening in their newly painted living room. From the information provided, can you determine the person who painted each room, the color of the paint each used, and the number of gallons (1, 2, 3, 4, or 6) that were used for each room?
1. One daughter used the Feather White paint in the room she painted, while the other daughter painted her father's office.
2. Tess's husband used three gallons of paint to complete the room on which he worked. Tess's son painted the master bedroom.
3. Combined, the number of gallons of paint required to paint the master bedroom and the office equaled the number of gallons required for the kitchen.
4. Exactly twice as many gallons of paint were used to paint the dining room as Lana used in the room she painted. Penelope required exactly twice as many gallons in the room she painted as were used of the Topper White.
5. Mitch and the person who used the Feather White paint worked on the kitchen and the living room, in some order.
6. Exactly twice as many gallons of Graduate White were used as Polar Bear White. Shane didn't use Polar Bear White.
AnswerLana, office, Polar Bear, 2
Mitch, kitchen, Topper, 3
Penelope, living room, Feather, 6
Shane, master bedroom, Atrium, 1
Tess, dining room, Graduate, 4
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top