Astro-LogicalLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
The five Lawson siblings - Lee, Leo, Leon, Leona and Lionel - all had their horoscopes done by the famous astrologer Starr Gazer. Madame Gazer puts particular emphasis on the planets Mars and Jupiter, to which other astrologers, she believes, have not granted true importance.
On the day the Lawson siblings were due to collect their charts, Madame Gazer discovered that she had, by force of habit, labelled each of the charts with nothing more than the client's first initial and last name, without thinking of the consequences. Now she was faced with five charts identically labelled "L. Lawson", and only random recollections about her five clients. Can you help Madame Gazer by matching each Lawson with his or her occupation and the signs that contain Mars and Jupiter in his or her chart?
1. In the five charts, Mars and Jupiter were found only in the signs Aries, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, and Scorpio; no two charts showed the same Mars sign or the same Jupiter sign, and no chart showed Mars and Jupiter in the same sign.
2. Lionel has his Mars in Scorpio.
3. The wrestler has Jupiter in Aries and Mars in Leo.
4. Neither Lee, Leo, nor Leon has any planet in Leo.
5. Lee (who has no planet in Capricorn) had argued with the sibling who has Mars in Gemini about whether Madame Gazer's fee was too high.
6. Capricorn, which is the sign that rules the teeth, is the appropriate location of the dentist's Mars.
7. Lee and the one with Jupiter in Gemini had joined forces to persuade the skeptical college professor to join them in visiting an astrologer.
8. The novelist, whose Jupiter is in Capricorn, shares an apartment with Leo.
Names: Lee, Leo, Leon, Leona, Lionel
Occupation: dentist, novelist, heavy-equipment operator, professor, wrestler
Signs in Mars: Aries, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Scorpio
Signs in Jupiter: Aries, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Scorpio
AnswerLionel has Mars in Scorpio. The wrestler has Mars in Leo, so cannot be Lionel, and cannot be Lee, Leo or Leon (clue 4), so must be Leona. Lee does not have Mars in Capricorn or Gemini (clue 5), so has Mars in Aries. The dentist has Mars in Capricorn. This accounts for 4 of the 5 Lawson siblings, leaving the 5th with Mars in Gemini.
Leona has Jupiter in Aries, and Lee, Leo and Leon can't have Jupiter in Leo, so Lionel must. Lee doesn't have Jupiter in Capricorn (clue 5) or Gemini (clue 7), so Lee has Jupiter in Scorpio. The dentist, with Mars in Capricorn, cannot have Jupiter in Capricorn too (clue 1), so has Jupiter in Gemini. This leaves the last sibling with Jupiter in Capricorn, and therefore this sibling is the novelist (clue 8).
From above, Lee is not the wrestler, the novelist or the dentist. Lee isn't the professor either (clue 7), so Lee is the heavy-equipment operator. This leaves Lionel as the college professor. Leo isn't the novelist (clue 8) and so he is the dentist, and Leon is the novelist.
Lee Lawson, the heavy-equipment operator, has Mars in Aries and Jupiter in Scorpio.
Leo Lawson, the dentist, has Mars in Capricorn and Jupiter in Gemini.
Leon Lawson, the novelist, has Mars in Gemini and Jupiter in Capricorn.
Leona Lawson, the wrestler, has Mars in Leo and Jupiter in Aries.
Lionel Lawson, the college professor, has Mars in Scorpio and Jupiter in Leo.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top