American FootballLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five cousins recently took part in an American football match, playing for charity. Each came along wearing a different colored shirt, and sporting a different number (not necessarily related to the position played, since these were the only football shirts they possess). Each is a fan of a major football team; so find out which color of shirt and number each player wore, as well as the name of the team he supports.
1. The cousin who wore the white shirt (which didn't have No. 33 printed on it) doesn't support the Eagles.
2. The quarterback's shirt had a number ten higher than that on the blue shirt worn by the wide receiver.
3. The running back, who supports the Jetstars, wore a higher number than that on his cousin's orange shirt.
4. The Blue Sox supporter wore No. 23 and the linebacker wore No. 43.
5. The man in green supports the Dolphins and wore a number lower than that of the offensive linesman.
HintIn the grid:
Off linesman = Offensive linesman
AnswerThe linebacker wore No. 43 (clue 4). The cousin in the No. 13 shirt wasn't the running back (clue 3) or offensive linesman (5), so the quarterback's shirt had No. 23 and the wide receiver's blue shirt had No. 13. The quarterback supports the Blue Sox (4). The running back supports the Jetstars (3). The man in green, who supports the Dolphins, isn't the offensive linesman (5), so the offensive linesman's shirt had No. 53. The running back thus wore No. 33, thus his shirt isn't white (1) or orange (3), so yellow. The quarterback's shirt was orange (3). The offensive linesman thus wore white. He doesn't support the Eagles (1), so the Harlequins. The wide receiver supports the Eagles.
Linebacker, No. 43, green, Dolphins;
Offensive linesman, No. 53, white, Harlequins;
Quarterback, No. 23, orange, Blue Sox;
Running back, No. 33, yellow, Jetstars;
Wide receiver, No. 13, blue, Eagles.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top