Athletics CarnivalLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
The state athletic carnival had just finished and a group of five friends had each participated in a different event. They each raced on a different day and each finished in a different spot.
Can you figure out all of the friends' last names, the event they participated in, how they finished, and on what day they raced?
Boys: Robert, Fred
Girls: Samantha, Kelly, Jessica
Surnames: Turner, Liedwick, Perry, Bullock, Champion
Races: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m
Placings: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 8th, 10th
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
1. The person whose last name was Champion won the 100m sprint.
2. Kelly's last name does not have a single 'C' in it.
3. The three girls raced in the 400m, the 800m and the 1500m.
4. Neither of the two boys' last names was Liedwick.
5. The person whose last name was Bullock raced on the Saturday.
6. Tuesday was the shortest day because the race held on that day was the 100m sprint.
7. Jessica's last name started with a 'P', and she raced on the day before the weekend.
8. Robert almost won first place, but he was overtaken by two runners right at the end.
9. The person who raced on the Monday finished 10th in their race.
10. The person who raced in the 800m finished 7th.
11. The person who finished 8th ran the race that was longer than 1000 metres.
12. Kelly raced in the 400m.
13. Jessica did not finish 7th.
AnswerSamantha Liedwick raced in the 800m on Thursday, and finished 7th.
Robert Bullock raced in the 200m on Saturday, and finished 3rd.
Kelly Turner raced in the 400m on Monday, and finished 10th.
Fred Champion raced in the 100m on Tuesday, and finished 1st.
Jessica Perry raced in the 1500m on Friday, and finished 8th.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top