Diet TimeLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Springtime is upon us, and that means that swimsuit weather is coming up quickly! April and four of her friends have all decided to go on a diet to see if they can lose a few unwanted pounds before they have to start trying on swimsuits. Each of the five friends has decided to give up their favorite snack food and to start exercising in order to lose weight. Each person wants to lose a different amount of weight. From the clues given, you will have to figure out how many pounds each person wants to lose, the snack food they are giving up, and the type of exercise they are adding in.
Friends: Mable, Bob, Mike, April, and Sarah
Snacks: Chocolate, Potato Chips, Ice Cream, Candy, and Pizza
Number of Pounds to Lose: 13, 20, 24, 27, and 34
Exercise: Treadmill, Yoga, Karate, Walking, and Boxing
1. Sarah is trying to lose more pounds than the one who has given up candy, but fewer pounds then the one who has begun using the treadmill.
2. Mable is trying to lose exactly 14 pounds fewer than the person walking.
3. Bob (who is not the one taking Yoga) has stopped eating his afternoon bowl of ice cream. Bob is trying to lose exactly 7 pounds fewer than the boxer.
4. Mike is trying to lose exactly 7 pounds fewer than the one who has given up Potato Chips.
5. The woman who has given up chocolate isn't the one trying to lose 27 pounds.
6. April knows that potato chips are a small sacrifice to make as she is trying to get into a bikini.
7. The woman boxer has decided to give up candy to reach her goal.
AnswerThey all reached their goal!
Mable gave up candy and started boxing to lose 20 pounds.
Bob gave up ice cream and took karate to lose 13 pounds.
Mike gave up pizza and started using the treadmill to lose 27 pounds.
April gave up potato chips and started walking to lose 34 pounds.
Sarah gave up chocolate and started doing yoga to lose 24 pounds.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top