Vladimir PutinIn Cryptography teasers, a phrase or expressions has been encoded in some way (frequently by replacing letters with other letters). You need to figure out the encoding method and then decode the message to find the answer.
Following are four quotes from Vladimir Putin. Can you figure out the code and what he said?
1. NALBAR JUB QBRFA'G ERTERG GUR CNFFVAT BS GUR FBIVRG HAVBA UNF AB URNEG. NALBAR JUB JNAGF VG ERFGBERQ UNF AB OENVAF.
2. UVFGBEL CEBIRF GUNG NYY QVPGNGBEFUVCF, NYY NHGUBEVGNEVNA SBEZF BS TBIREAZRAG NER GENAFVRAG. BAYL QRZBPENGVP FLFGRZF NER ABG GENAFVRAG. JUNGRIRE GUR FUBEGPBZVATF, ZNAXVAQ UNF ABG QRIVFRQ NALGUVAT FHCREVBE.
3. EHFFVN JVYY ABG FBBA ORPBZR, VS VG RIRE ORPBZRF, N FRPBAQ PBCL BS GUR HAVGRQ FGNGRF BE RATYNAQ - JURER YVORENY INYHR UNIR QRRC UVFGBEVP EBBGF.
4. ZL FNPERQ QHGL VF GB OEVAT GBTRGURE GUR EHFFVNA CRBCYR, HAVGR GUR CRBCYR NEBHAQ PYRNE GNFXF. JR UNIR BAR SNGUREYNAQ, BAR CRBCYR NAQ N PBZZBA SHGHER.
Answer1. Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains.
2. History proves that all dictatorships, all authoritarian forms of government are transient. Only democratic systems are not transient. Whatever the shortcomings, mankind has not devised anything superior.
3. Russia will not soon become, if it ever becomes, a second copy of the United States or England - where liberal value have deep historic roots.
4. My sacred duty is to bring together the Russian people, unite the people around clear tasks. We have one Fatherland, one people and a common future.
Code (coded letter - actual letter)
A = N
B = O
C = P
D = Q
E = R
F = S
G = T
H = U
I = V
J = W
K = X
L = Y
M = Z
N = A
O = B
P = C
Q = D
R = E
S = F
T = G
U = H
V = I
W = J
X = K
Y = L
Z = M
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top