Friends of The BardLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Jennifer and four of her friends are members of "Friends of The Bard", a Shakespeare fan club. The last meeting of the year is tomorrow morning, and each member is coming dressed as her favorite character and will read a passage from her favorite play. Everyone signed up to bring refreshments. Unfortunately, Jennifer's mischievous cat spread chocolate icing (from Jennifer's refreshment) all over the sign up sheets and she can't read it! Can you help her determine the full name of each member, their favorite characters, their favorite plays, and what refreshment they signed up to bring?
First names: Cheryl, Jennifer, Marilyn, Patty, Stacey
Last names: Carlson, Jameson, Malone, Pennington, Sullivan
Characters: Ariel, Kate, Mercutio, Ophelia, Puck
Plays: Hamlet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet, The Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest
Refreshments: Brie, chips and dip, crackers, cupcakes, soda.
1. No one's first name begins with the same letter as their last name.
2. No one is bringing a snack that begins with the same letter as their first or last name.
3. The five members are Cheryl, Ms. Malone, the one who is bringing Brie, the one whose favorite character is Puck, and the one whose favorite play is The Tempest.
4. Ms. Sullivan, who is not Marilyn (whose favorite play isn't The Taming of the Shrew), once played Ophelia (who is not her favorite character) in her favorite play Hamlet.
5. Cheryl's favorite character reminds her of a certain red-haired mermaid.
6. Ms. Jameson (who hates Romeo and Juliet) feels that she can relate to her favorite character Ophelia.
7. The one who is bringing the chips and dip (who isn't Marilyn) loves The Tempest.
8. Patty loves the wit of Mercutio and can't wait to read a monologue from Romeo and Juliet.
HintIf you get stuck, reread the introduction.
AnswerJennifer, Sullivan, Puck, Hamlet, cupcakes
Cheryl, Pennington, Ariel, The Taming of the Shrew, soda
Patty, Malone, Mercutio, Romeo and Juliet, crackers
Marilyn, Carlson, Kate, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Brie
Stacey, Jameson, Ophelia, The Tempest, chips and dip
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top