Hyphens Hyphens EverywhereLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five couples were surprised to find out that not only did they all have hyphenated last names, they had all gotten married in the same year! Determine from the clues below the first and last names of each couple and in what month they were married.
Note: There were no same-sex couples in the group; each of the men married a woman and vice versa.
Women: Beatrice, Emily, Lucy, Teresa, Wendy
Women's Last Names: Baker, Ingalls, Landon, Morse, West
Men: Gary, Isaac, Jonathan, Michael, Samuel
Men's Last Names: Emerson, Gasero, Jimenez, Smith, Thompson
Months: February, April, June, August, October
1. No one had a last name that started with the same letter of their first name before they were married. No one married someone whose last name started with the same letter as their first name.
2. Emily convinced her husband that Smith-Landon sounded too much like Smith and Wesson, so they hyphenated their names the other way around.
3. The five couples are represented by: Wendy, the couple who was married in October, Gary, the Jimenez-Wests, and the couple with Thompson in their name.
4. Lucy Ingalls, as she was known before she was married, was thrilled to be able to have the June wedding she had always wanted. Samuel's bride was perfectly happy having an April wedding.
5. Teresa, whose last name included either Morse or West, escaped the winter wonderland of her wedding day by honeymooning in Hawaii. Michael, on the other hand, left the dog days of summer behind when he honeymooned with Beatrice in Alberta.
AnswerBeatrice and Michael Jimenez-West were married in August.
Emily and Isaac Landon-Smith were married in October.
Lucy and Jonathan Ingalls-Thompson were married in June.
Teresa and Gary Emerson-Morse were married in February.
Wendy and Samuel Baker-Gasero were married in April.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top