Dinner EngagementLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Three women (Dana, Barbara, & Ellen) and two men (Ben & Max) went to dinner at their favorite restaurant to celebrate the engagement of two of their friends. Each ordered a different entree (shrimp & pasta, chicken cordon bleu, vegetable medley, fillet mignon, & NY strip steak), and a different dessert (fudge cake, vanilla ice cream, apple crisp, chocolate cream pie, & strawberry parfait). Can you determine each person's full name and what entree and dessert they ordered?
1) Nobody's first name starts with the same letter as their last name.
2) Klein and Bronson are dating.
3) Ms. Mathers is a vegetarian.
4) The 5 friends are the man who ordered fudge cake, the one who ordered chicken cordon bleu, Ellen, the woman who ordered fillet mignon, and Mr. Klein (who ordered ice cream).
5) Mr. Klein and Dana shared their desserts.
6) Delaney and Ruiz are engaged. Neither of them ordered beef.
7) Ben does not care for chocolate and is allergic to strawberries.
8) Delaney did not order chocolate cream pie or apple crisp for dessert.
9) Ben and Ruiz have been friends since high school, and were laughing over dinner about how they have always liked the same girls, until Barbara came along.
HintFor the purposes of this puzzle...assume that there are no same sex couples.
AnswerMax Ruiz ordered shrimp & pasta and fudge cake.
Barbara Delaney ordered chicken cordon bleu and strawberry parfait.
Ellen Mathers ordered the vegetable medley and chocolate cream pie.
Ben Klein ordered NY strip steak and vanilla ice cream.
Dana Bronson ordered fillet mignon and apple crisp.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top