Winter BreakLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Over Winter Break, five best friends each did different activities in different cities. Can you find out each friend's full name, what they did, and where they went?
First names: Julie, Megan, David, Fred, Sam
Last names: Wallace, Thompson, Mallard, Shields, Drake
Activities: Ski Trip, Moving, Cruise, Cooking Classes, Visiting Relatives
Places: Houston, Paris, Cleveland, Vancouver, Miami
1) Julie and Ms. Wallace, in particular, were sad that David wasn't coming back.
2) Neither Sam nor Julie have ever left the U.S. before this winter break.
3) All first names that have two syllables belong with last names that have two syllables. Nobody's last name starts with the same letter as their first name.
4) Ms. Mallard is excited to learn about French cuisine.
5) Mr. Thompson doesn't want to move.
6) The friends, in no particular order, are as follows: the girl who is going on a ski trip, Mr. Shields, Megan, the boy headed to Houston, and Julie.
7) Cruises can only be taken in warm coastal cities. Ski trips can only be taken in cold, mountainous places. Remember this is winter.
8) The cruise ship Fred is traveling on does not dock in Houston.
HintSam can be a boy's or a girl's name. In this case it is short for Samantha.
AnswerFull Name- Activity- City
Julie Mallard- Cooking Classes- Paris
Megan Wallace- Moving- Cleveland
David Thompson- Visiting Relatives- Houston
Fred Shields- Cruise- Miami
Sam Drake- Ski Trip- Vancouver
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top