Naming Cats and DogsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Joe, Bill, Bob, Jack, and Tom, whose last names are Carter, Dawson, Mingus, Wood, and Cole, all live in the same building. Each man owns a cat and a dog. The names of the dogs are Dusty, Midnight, Ginger, Smokey, and Daisy. By chance, cats also have the same 5 names as the dogs. From the clues given, determine each man's first and last name and the names of his pets. (Hint: no man gave the same name to both his cat and his dog.)
1. Joe and Jack each have a pet named Ginger.
2. Jack, Joe, and Mr. Carter do not have pets named Midnight.
3. Bob's dog and Jack's cat have the same name, as do Bill's cat and Tom's dog.
4. The cat Daisy is not owned by Jack Cole, Mr. Mingus, Mr. Carter, or Bill.
5. Smokey the cat does not live with Ginger the dog, and neither of them live with Tom or Mr. Dawson.
6. Joe's dog is named Daisy.
AnswerJoe Mingus: Daisy dog and Ginger cat
Bill Dawson: Smokey dog and Midnight cat
Bob Carter: Dusty dog and Smokey cat
Jack Cole: Ginger dog and Dusty cat
Tom Wood: Midnight dog and Daisy cat
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top