Eliza Pseudonym and The Middle-Aged and the NarcolepticLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Eliza Pseudonym is an avid watcher of the daytime soap opera "The Middle-Aged and the Narcoleptic". A recent five-day period from Monday through Friday has had quite a lot of plot development! Each day's episode featured one of five characters (Harmony, Irene, Jake, Kit, and Lee) sharing a different secret with one of the other five characters. Over the course of the week, each character had divulged one secret, and learned one secret. From the clues below, determine which character confessed a secret on each episode, which character learned the secret, and what each secret was.
1. The episode on which Irene revealed a secret (which wasn't Monday's episode) aired either two days before or two days after the episode on which was heard the line, "It was I who ate your last oatmeal raisin cookie. Forgive me, Kit. . . ."
2. Harmony is not the character who admitted, "I wouldn't want to let the others know, but I feel like I have to be honest with you. . . my two favorite video games are 'Mario is Missing!' and 'E.T.' for the Atari."
3. Jake sobbed, "I dare not tell my wife, because it'd threaten our marriage, but when she's not around, I like to read. . . this is embarrassing. . . Sudoku magazines!" sometime before Irene learned a secret, but sometime after Lee learned a secret; these three episodes were not aired on three consecutive days.
4. Irene is not the character who was told the shocking words, "The neighborhood kids didn't toilet paper your house last week. I. . . I DID IT! I'M SORRY!"
5. The episode on which Kit told a secret and the episode where a character said, "Please don't judge me for what I'm about to tell you, but. . . I listen to country music and rap music. . ." were aired consecutively, in some order.
6. On Thursday's episode, a character entrusted his or her secret to Harmony.
AnswerMonday: Harmony told Kit about a cookie
Tuesday: Kit told Lee about toilet paper
Wednesday: Irene told Jake about country/rap
Thursday: Jake told Harmony about Sudoku
Friday: Lee told Irene about "Mario is Missing"/"E.T."
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top