Bancroft High School Math Test ScoresLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five students compared their most recent math test grades while waiting in the hallway for their art teacher to find his classroom keys. By some fluke, none of the budding artists are in the same math class or received the same grade (from an A+ to a B). Using the following clues, see if you can figure out the first name, last name, math class and grade of each student before the art teacher lets the students into class. Happy solving!
1. Only one of the students had the same number of letters in both their first and last names; and only one had the same first letter in both names.
2. Hunter received a higher grade than Mr. Attica, but lower than the geometry student.
3. Even though she had two tests in one day, the algebra I student scored higher than the girl taking algebra II.
4. Both students with a plus sign in their grades are boys.
5. Ms. Ingraam, Ms. Grinde and the Trigonometry student all scored higher than a B+. The Sommer child and the business math student did not have an A in their grade.
6. Hunter, the student with the same initial for both her first and last name, and the Geometry student are on the girls swim team. The trigonometry student and Ian spotted a thick set of keys in their teacher's duffle bag. (All five students are mentioned in this clue.)
HintHunter can be the name of either a girl or a boy.
AnswerAndy Heath, A+, Trigonometry
Gigi Ingraam, A, Geometry
Hunter Grinde, A-, Algebra I
Ian Attica, B+ Business Math
Sarah Sommer, B, Algebra II
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top