Behead FLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. A trip through the air -> Illumination; not heavy
2. Travelling through the air -> Not telling the truth
3. True statement -> Part of a play; something done
4. Straightforward; blunt -> Position in a hierarchy
5. Cord for igniting an explosive -> To employ; exploit
6. An example of a number -> Belonging to us
7. To put in as much as possible -> Unwell; sick
8. High body temperature -> At any time; at all times
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Flight -> Light
2. Flying -> Lying
3. Fact -> Act
4. Frank -> Rank
5. Fuse -> Use
6. Four -> Our
7. Fill -> Ill
8. Fever -> Ever
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top