0 to 10 Pyramid XVILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Starting with a one-letter word or abbreviation, add a letter and rearrange the letters to produce the next. A clue is given for each.
Maybe your car does 0 to 60 in 10 sec., but can you do this "0 to 10" in 60 sec.? Go on - get out the stopwatch!
The hint provides the starting letters of all the words from #4 onwards.
1. 2.71828 (approx)
2. "___ are not amused." [attributed to Queen Victoria]
3. Reverence and respect, mixed with fear or wonder
4. Products of a certain type; e.g. silver-, earthen-, cook-
5. Put money on, gamble
6. Insect named for making its home in a hole in your head?
7. Clothed in; eroding
8. Where wild animals may quench their thirst (_______ hole)
9. Pyjamas, lingerie, peignoir, nightshirt, etc
10. Coming safely through (a storm)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top