Katie's Birthday PartyLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Katie has a birthday party. She has invited 5 friends (Julie, Suzie, Yasmin, David, Richard) and their spouses (Drew, Barry, Conner, Sally, James) to her party. Each friend brings a gift (music box, scarf, necklace, perfume, handbag) and dessert (apple pie, chocolate cake, muffins, cupcakes, cookies) and they all arrive at different time (7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45, 8:00). So try to find the spouses, the gifts, the desserts, and the arrival time of each friend.
1. The five friends are: Julie, the one who arrives last, the one who brings the muffins, the one whose husband is Barry, and the one who brings the perfume.
2. Neither David nor Richard arrives first, but one of them arrives last.
3. Yasmin doesn't like eating or cooking fruit.
4. James (who shares his initial with his wife) is the husband who arrives first.
5. Katie's female friends are the ones who bring the necklace, the music box, and the handbag.
6. Julie's husband is a musician so he likes gifts about music.
7. Neither Suzie nor Julie is a fan of chocolate.
8. The guest who arrives second either brings the handbag or brings the chocolate cake.
9. Neither Conner's wife nor Yasmin brings the cupcakes.
10. Sally, whose husband neither likes perfumes nor cupcakes, is famous for her delicious cookies.
11. David and his wife arrive 30 minutes later than the guest who brings the muffins.
12. The guest who brings the cupcakes is the one who arrives after the guest who brings the necklace.
HintDrew is female.
AnswerJulie, James, music box, 7:00, apple pie
Suzie, Conner, handbag, 7:15, muffins
Yasmin, Barry, necklace, 7:30, chocolate cake
David, Drew, perfume, 7:45, cupcakes
Richard, Sally, scarf, 8:00, cookies
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top