WhereWolf?Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
I've always been fascinated by werewolves (lycanthropes). In my research I've discovered some little-known information about them.
Substituting homophones (sound-alike words) below for where "were" appears, identify some of this unusual data by adding appropriate letters. Definitions or clues are given and the underline dashes indicate the number of letters to complete the word or phrase. Hyphens show a multiple-word phrase.
_ _ _ _ - _ _ _ - were : no-iron lycanthrope
1. _ _ _ _ were : that rather odd hirsute chef you recently hired
2. were _ _ _ _ _ : where they live
3. _ _ _ _ _ were : subordinate werewolf
4. _ _ _ _ were : roadkill lycanthrope
5. were - _ _ _ : three strikes
6. were - _ _ _ _ : depressed werewolf
7. were - _ _ _ _ : anorexic one
8. _ _ _ _ were : he feels cute 'n cuddly, but WATCH OUT
9. _ _ _ _ _ were : "just a moment and I'll call our waiter"
10. bonus - Know how to kill a werewolf? If you do, then what kind of adornment would be a bane to all knowledgeable werewolves?
Answer1. cookwere (cookware)
2. werehouse (warehouse)
3. underwere (underwear)
4. flatwere (flatware)
5. were-out (wear-out)
6. were-down (wear-down)
7. were-thin (wear-thin)
8. softwere (software)
9. tablewere (tableware)
10. silverwere (silverware)
Werewolves can - according to legend - be harmed or killed by any weapon made of silver; such as a bullet or blade.
AND ... (more bonus) - can you think of and contribute any others in the comments?
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top