Curtail 17Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. English nobleman -> Hearing device
2. Trick, sleight of hand -> Biblical wise men
3. One who fishes -> Formed when lines meet
4. People living together in a new land -> Large intestine part
5. Enforces order at a nightclub -> Ricochet
6. Scottish landowner -> Wild animal habitat
7. Citizen of Kabul -> Knitted blanket
8. List of items in stock -> The first person to create something
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Earl -> Ear
2. Magic -> Magi
3. Angler -> Angle
4. Colony -> Colon
5. Bouncer -> Bounce
6. Laird -> Lair
7. Afghani -> Afghan
8. Inventory -> Inventor
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top