Stately Words 2Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Each state and province has a two letter postal abbreviation. Combine two of these abbreviations to get the word described.
1) Combine the abbreviation of an American state with the abbreviation of a Canadian province to get a masked animal.
2) Combine the abbreviation of an American state with a Canadian province to get a disguise.
3) Combine the abbreviation of an American state with the abbreviation of a Canadian province to get a word that goes with pots.
4) Combine the abbreviations of two American states to get a word that describes a ferris wheel, roller coaster or merry-go-round.
5) Combine the abbreviations of an American state and a Canadian province to get a sullen word.
Hint1) The Rocky Mountains, Niagara Falls
2) A tea party, Regina
3) They Keystone state, The Bluenose
4) Small, Dover
5) Show me, a small island
Answer1) Colorado and Ontario (CO+ON = coon)
2) Massachusetts and Saskatchewan (MA+SK = Mask)
3) Pennsylvania and Nova Scotia (PA+NS= Pans)
4) Rhode Island and Delaware (RI+DE = ride)
5) Missouri and Price Edward Island (MO+PE = mope)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top