In-deed!Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser you place a small word in "de...ed" to produce a new word. The letters are inserted in order, as a whole.
Each cryptic clue has two parts:
* first, a clue for the small word
* finally, a clue for the new word
The hint gives the number of letters in the small word.
CLUE: A knight, indeed, is longed for.
ANSWER: deSIRed - "Sir" in "de...ed" - means "longed for"
1. Face the ball, indeed! He just had a war of words.
2. Not able to, indeed! It was poured out without disturbing the sediment.
3. Short, indeed; but thoroughly cross-examined.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top