Behead 20Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Money on hand -> Olive-like tree
2. Resurrection day -> Daisy-like flower
3. Make thoroughly wet -> Nut tree
4. Ordinary writing -> Flower with prickly stem
5. Backbone -> Evergreen tree
6. Plants with showy flowers -> Stands; ascends
7. Steering wheel -> Hardwood tree
8. Flowering plant -> Intimate friend
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Cash -> Ash
2. Easter -> Aster
3. Soak -> Oak
4. Prose -> Rose
5. Spine -> Pine
6. Irises -> Rises
7. Helm -> Elm
8. Clover -> Lover
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top