Jazz Band SolosLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Evan, Lucy, Maria, Steve, and Will all played together in a local jazz band. At their last concert, they each had a solo. Match the musicians with their last name, instrument, and order they played.
First names: Evan, Lucy, Maria, Steve, Will
Last names: Earl, Lewis, Masters, Sacks, Wilson
Instruments: Alto Sax, Piano, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet
1) Maria's solo was unique. She sang as she played.
2) Steve's last name sounded like the instrument he played.
3) Mr. Wilson played his solo before the tenor sax player.
4) Will played his trumpet during the fifth solo.
5) Ms Earl, who didn't play trombone, played her solo before Steve but after Ms Lewis.
6) The alto sax was featured in the first solo.
7) Lucy played a brass instrument.
HintLucy and Maria are women.
Evan, Steve, and Will are men.
Trombones and trumpets are brass instruments.
Sacks sounds like sax.
AnswerEvan Wilson played the alto sax first.
Lucy Lewis played the trombone second.
Maria Earl played the piano third.
Steve Sacks played the tenor sax fourth.
Will Masters played the trumpet fifth.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top