Colorful QuintetLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Aaron, Chester, Leon, Mark, and Randy all play in a saxophone quintet together. They all play different colors of instruments. They all have nicknames they use when they're on stage. Can you figure out who has what nickname and which instrument each of them plays?
First Names: Aaron, Chester, Leon, Mark, Randy
Nicknames: Heatwave, Nighttime, Polar Bear, Rainbow, Spectrum
Instruments: Soprano Sax, Alto Sax, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Baritone (or Bari) Sax
Instrument Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Red, Silver
1) One person has a nickname that starts with the same letter as the color of his sax. Another has a nickname that starts with the same letter as the type of sax he has.
2) Heatwave, the tenor sax player, often plays duets with Aaron.
3) Randy's sax and the blue sax are both altos.
4) The gold sax is smaller (or higher) than Leon's and bigger (or lower) than the red one.
5) Polar Bear got his nickname because his sax color and his white beard remind the others of the arctic ice and snow.
6) One time Nighttime lost his neck strap. The gold sax player could not help him. Luckily, Chester had a spare.
HintOf the four sax types in this puzzle, the soprano is the smallest (or highest), followed by the alto and the tenor. The baritone is the biggest (or lowest) or them.
Silver is the color closest to ice.
AnswerAaron's nickname is Nighttime and he plays an alto sax that is blue.
Chester's nickname is Spectrum and he plays a soprano sax that is black.
Leon's nickname is Polar Bear and he plays a baritone sax that is silver.
Mark's nickname is Heatwave and he plays a tenor sax that is gold.
Randy's nickname is Rainbow and he plays an alto sax that is red.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top