0 to 10 Pyramid XVIIILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Starting with a one-letter word or abbreviation, add a letter and rearrange the letters to produce the next. [Foreign words may be used, but only if they are commonly found in English usage.] A clue is given for each word.
Maybe your car does 0 to 60 in 10 sec., but can you do this "0 to 10" in 60 sec.? Go on - get out the stopwatch!
The hint provides the starting letters of all the words from #5 onwards.
1. It can be acute or grave (in a certain language)
2. And, from the same language
3. X, in a different language
4. Air or melody
5. Do this and we stand (according to the song)
6. Yellow pigment in plant leaves and egg yolk
7. Silhouette or shape
8. Intricate; curled up in a spiral
9. Gradual development from simple to complex form (e.g. language)
10. The Beatles' hit song, released on the B-side of "Hey Jude"
HintStarting letters from #5:
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top