Dropboxes XILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Bushes [_] 2. Takes notice [_] 3. Plant's primary stage
4. Reprimand [_] 5. Harms [_] 6. Treasure boxes
7. Disintegrating gradually [_] 8. Flattened clothes [_] 9. Football and baseball star Sanders
10. Ahead [_] 11. Dies in water [_] 12. Stated under oath
13. Having even less hair [_] 14. Birch tree [_] 15. Actual
16. Ice cream alternative [_] 17. "Glue" for tiles [_] 18. Inflammation of joints
19. Original [_] 20. Lacking experience [_] 21. Rotating blade
22. Come up with, as a plan [_] 23. Plunges [_] 24. Edge
25. Folding sharply [_] 26. From Athens [_] 27. Considerate
Answer1. hedges [G] 2. heeds [H] 3. seed
4. chastise [I] 5. scathes [A] 6. chests
7. eroding [G] 8. ironed [R] 9. Deion
10. onwards [A] 11. drowns [D] 12. sworn
13. balder [B] 14. alder [D] 15. real
16. yogurt [Y] 17. grout [R] 18. gout
19. native [T] 20. naive [I] 21. vane
22. devise [E] 23. dives [V] 24. side
25. creasing [S] 26. Grecian [E] 27. caring
"Gigabytes," of data, stored on a "hard drive"
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top