Pedantic TimeThese brain teasers rely on your ability to recognize groups of common attributes. For each of these puzzles you'll need to figure out why the words or letters are grouped as they are. Sometimes you will be asked to pick the odd-one-out or to place a new word into the correct group.
What do these five movie titles have in common?
1. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
3. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
4. Eight Legged Freaks
5. The Ladies Man
HintDon't think too much about the movies just the titles (or this sentence!)
AnswerBad grammar or punctuation - yes, very pedantic!
1. Commas: My Big, Fat, Greek ...
2. Question mark: Who Framed ... ?
3. Past participle: Honey, I've ...
4. Hyphen: Eight-Legged ...
5. Apostrophe: - Ladies'
In 2013, Time Magazine identified ten of these (hence the teaser title!) The other five were:
* Star Trek Into Darkness (colon missing)
* Law Abiding Citizen (hyphen missing)
* Two Weeks Notice (apostrophe missing - weeks')
* Burn Hollywood Burn (commas in this subtitle)
* The 40 Year-Old Virgin (40-year-old)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top