Ask the AsteriskLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In the following five sentences, six consecutive letters and an unknown number of spaces have been replaced with an asterisk. The six letters will make up a common word. For example, given "A special West Point insignia is placed on the front o*t's uniform," the solution would be "FACADE" (...oF A CADEt's...). Can you guess the five words?
1. Though I found the corned beef ha*ible, I polished off a whole plate of meatloaf.
2. A skilled grade school teacher will convert a b*ood time.
3. A lovely ja*n carpet with complimentary turquoise trim ran the extent of the hallway.
4. At the beginning of the camping trip, the sc*ched their initials into a large boulder.
5. The winegrower thought the area near the gorge would be the perfect spot fo*yard.
Answer1. SHINED (haSH INEDible)
2. RATING (bRAT IN Good)
3. DEGREE (jaDE GREEn)
4. OUTSET (scOUTS ETched)
5. RAVINE (foR A VINEyard)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top