Five SpoonerismsLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
A spoonerism is a pair of words that can have the initial sounds switched to form new words. For example, "churning bear" is a spoonerism for "burning chair" (note that the pairs do not have to be spelled the same - only sound the same). From the definitions below, can you figure out the spoonerism pairs?
1. Thumper's cellphone...mis-named nerve.
2. Where to buy a mallard...jammed portal.
3. Grizzly relative...two pin-lovers.
4. Sad iguana...Merlin slam-dunking.
5. Wasp accelerates...Half a six-pack.
Answer1. Bunny phone...funny bone.
2. Duck store...stuck door.
3. Polar bear...bowler pair.
4. Weeping lizard...leaping wizard.
5. Bee throttles...three bottles.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top